|Two Years of Healthy Hair Growth and Here's To Two More Years|
Hey everyone out there. Wanted to do a blog real quick to let you know about my wash day from last Friday night (cue Katy Perry!!). Anyway here's what I did.
1. Deep Conditioned on dry hair with GVP Humectress and JBCO and let it sit for about two hours.
2. Rinsed out conditioner and co-washed with VO5 Passion fruit Moisture Milks conditioner.
3. T-shirt dried my hair until it was about 60% dry and then used Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin leave in and Neutrogena Triple Moisture leave in.
4. Put a scarf on my head to hold down my edges and air dried over night.
5. Moisturized and sealed with Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave in (old formula) and EVCO and oiled scalp with JBCO mix and put hair in bun.
Sunday night I decided to flat iron my hair just to do a length check and I needed to take a pic for the Castor Oil challenge on Hairlista. When I flat ironed my hair I used the low-med setting and my IC Fantasia Heat Protecting Serum and only made one or two passes on my hair. I wanted to use the "chase method" but someone (my husband I'm sure) misplaced my comb that I use for it, so I know what will be in my stocking for Christmas lol. After flat ironing, I moisturized and sealed and then wrapped my hair. I probably won't flat iron or use direct heat again until after the new year.
Also I wanted to note that is has been two years since I started my healthy hair journey. I remember the day I said that I wanted to grow healthy hair. It started with a Google search on "how to maintain relaxed hair" and through that search it brought me to Hairlista and so many YouTube channels. It amazed me that there was all this information and blogs on healthy hair care and how it pertained to me. Even though I am happy with some of the growth that I have achieved and maintained over the past two years, I do know that I have a ways to go before I finally acheive my goals. My goals for the next year of my health hair journey are:
1. Get to APL by next October
2. Stay consistent on my regimen
3. Continue to limit my hair's exposure to direct heat
4. Protective style or use low manipulation styles more often
5. Make sure to sleep with a satin scarf/bonnet/pillowcase every night (no exceptions) (I kind of slipped on this one because of pure laziness but no more)
6. Maintain trims either by doing them myself or having them done by a stylist I trust won't be scissor happy
7. Get rid of products I no longer use and stick with staples that I found do work
8. Start taking care of my body on the inside so that it will show in my hair (water and vitamin intake as well as diet)
9. Create and stick to a relaxer day regimen (still don't trust myself to do my own relaxers but I can take care of my hair before getting one done)
10. Stop touching my hair (Goal #4 should help with that because I definitely have "hands in hair disease" lol.)
Well that's all for now. I'm holding my youngest daughter right now and she wants Mommy's attention. Thanks for reading.