Hey everybody! Well it's another day and another wash day post from your homegirl. This wash day was a bit different because I tried to do a blowout with the Goody Quikstyle Brush that I got in my Holiday VoxBox from Influenster. I'll be doing a review on the brush later, so be sure to check it out. I also used a different leave-in than I usually do also. Well here we go:
1. Deep Conditioned on dry hair using GVP Humectress and Castor Oil. I didn't use my JBCO because I couldn't find it. I have a feeling that my hubby used it and forgot to put it back where it belongs. But I had some regular Castor oil and decided that it is just as good. While applying the conditioner mix, I saw some small "curlies" in the back of my head and started doing a little dance because I can't wait to see what the rest of my hair looks like natural. I sat with my DC under my Hair Therapy Wrap for about 2 hours and then rinsed out.
2. Shampooed my hair using CON Argan Oil Sulfate Free Shampoo. I really like this shampoo but I really don't have much problems with shampoo. (Except for Chagrin Valley Ayurvedic Shampoo Bar. That thing was a hot mess!!)
3. Used VO5 Moisture Milk Shampoo in Passion Fruit as kind of a rinse out conditioner and then t-shirt dried.
4. Used the Kimmaytube Recipe leave-in which was not bad but at the same time I didn't get the "wow" that others have gotten with this leave in. Maybe it's because I'm still more relaxed than natural and my relaxed hair is like "Who are you kidding? It's just Kinky Curly with some oils and Aloe Vera Juice in it." My new growth is like "Hey, leave her alone. Besides you'll be out of here soon I hope."
5. Blow dried using cool air and my Goody Quikstyle Brush. I will say that I was a bit nervous about using this brush. However it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but at the same time I would not want to use this brush all the time.
Well that's all I did this go round on my wash day. I will say that I think I used a bit too much Castor and Jojoba oil in my leave in because my hair feels a bit greasy and weighed down. Like I said it may be just the relaxed portion of my transitioning hair is being stubborn with my dabbling in oils because my new growth is soft as a marshmallow. We'll see what happens as the week progresses.
While I have your attention for a brief moment, I am thinking about installing Marley Twists in my hair next month to give my hair a little bit of a break while I transitioning. At first I wanted Senegalese Twists but I'm too cheap to pay someone to do it. I might do it myself later on but the Marley Twists seem so much easier to work on right now. If I can get that down then I will move onto the Senegalese Twists. My hair seems to thrive when I put it away and I don't feel like I want a sew-in right now. Just wanted to part with that thought. If anyone else knows of any transitioning styles that put my hair away or if they have had twists installed and have maintenance tips, please leave them below in the comment section. Until next time guys and dolls.
Here is a pic of my results from my blow out