Hey everybody! I’m back again with a wash day post. Wow just realized that I haven’t done a wash day post since I was relaxed. I mean I talked about what I did with my hair after big chopping but a post dedicated to my wash day? Nope hasn’t been done. Well without further ado here it is...
1. Washed my hair using Redken Hair Cleansing Cream. This is a clarifying and chelating shampoo. I felt that my hair needed a fresh start and I also wanted to try some products out to see how my hair responded and it’s best to do it on “naked” hair. I think it’s about time to review the Redken shampoo but I’ll give it one more chance before I make any final decisions about it.
2. Applied Hi Pro Pac Extremely Damaged Hair Intense Protein Treatment to my hair. I wanted to try this since I got it in my July Curl Kit and to be quite honest I haven’t done a protein treatment on my hair since the big chop which might explain some of the shedding and breakage (I think there was some moisture overload). This made my hair feel strong but not as strong as I would like. I’m glad it was a sample and not something I bought outright.
3. Applied Eden Bodyworks Jojoba Monoi All Natural Deep Conditioner to my hair next. I got a sample of this also in my July Curl Kit and my hair responded so well that I purchased the full size container from Wal-Mart. Once again it did not disappoint and left me with soft fluffy and curly hair.
4. Did a rinse using Apple Cider Vinegar to lock in the moisture and ease some of the frizz. I used mix of ½ cup ACV and 2 cups water. After leaving the mix on for a minute or two I rinsed it out with cold water. I’m kind of glad that I washed my hair in the sink today because I hate cold water when I shower.
5. Moisturized with Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie and sealed in the moisture with EVCO.
6. Applied Dark and Lovely Au Naturale 10-in-1 Styles Gelee and put my hair in twists. I got the full sized gelle in a Curl Box (the anniversary one I think) and used it once before for some coils and then for a wash and go. It was excellent on the coils but a hot mess on the wash and go. The description says that it’s best for styling and wash and go was not one of those styles.
So there it is in a nutshell. I’m going to take the coils down tomorrow after my hair has a chance to dry because I don’t want too much frizz in my hair if I can help it. I’ll be sure to update you with the finished product. Until next time everybody.