Friday, August 15, 2014
Wash Day (August 10, 2014)
1. Pre-pooed with EVCO under the hooded dryer for 30 minutes. This time I created a makeshift steamer by wetting a small towel and then microwaving it for two minutes. Then I wrapped it around my head (I had a plastic cap on) and then covered my hair with a plastic bag. I didn't feel a difference in my hair but maybe I need to try it a few more times before I count it out.
2. Shampooed my hair with Clear Ultra Shea Shampoo. I got this shampoo in a CurlBox from months ago and while it does have sulfates in it, the shampoo doesn't seem to dry out my hair.
3. Deep conditioned with a mix of GVP Humectress, Giovanni 2 Chic Avocado and Olive Oil Ultra Moist Conditioner, Tresseme Split Remedy Conditioner, Castor Oil, EVCO, and Peppermint Oil. Let me tell you something right now. This mix is the bee's knees, the cat's meow, and the dog's pajamas. Any tangles in my hair melted away as soon as I applied this mix and when I rinsed it out, there was no real need to detangle at all. My hair felt so smooth and soft afterwards that I even let my hubby touch it (not to long though).
4. After rinsing out my DC mix I decided to roller set my hair using gray and purple rollers. I first sprayed my hair with Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Leave-In spray and then used Motions Foaming Wrap lotion on each section. I need to really get back into my roller setting groove because it could have gone a lot smoother. Also when I was sitting under the dryer, the clips that were holding the rollers kept getting hot to the point I was scared that I was burning my hair and my scalp. I was looking at mesh rollers that use the plastic picks to hold them in place as an alternative.
5. I took my rollers down and applied some Clear Ultra Shea Nourishing Scalp and Hair Oil to my scalp and hair and then proceeded to do a silk wrap by wrapping my hair around my head and then wrapping my hair in plastic wrap and sitting under the dryer for 15 minutes. I then combed out my wrap and viola my hair was finished.
My wash day was actually pretty good and the only down side is that the next night I worked the yard at the prison and a bad rain storm came through and well bye bye roller set lol. I kept my hair in a bun since then and moisturized and sealed with S-Curl and EVCO before going to sleep. Hubby and I are going to Atlantic City, NJ next month and I'm deciding if I was to wear my hair as is or install some braids or twists. Since I am taking part in the 30 Day Split End Challenge, I'm thinking I might just install the braids or twists as a protective style. Stay tuned to find out what I do next.