Bringing an old friend back into the rotation for my wash day tomorrow. I have a feeling that my dry hair days are numbered. #washday #washdayexperience #relaxedhair #relaxedhairjourney #healthyhairjourney #highporosity #highporosityhair #blogger #hairblogger #blmgirl #rouxporositycontrol #samehairdifferenthead
Hello everyone. I have come to a realization. When I am not blogging about my hair then I am very neglectful of it. It’s like I have no accountability for what goes on with my hair because I don’t have an audience to see it. However I can tell that my hair has suffered so much because of the very same neglect. So I am seriously making a promise to myself right now. I will start back blogging regularly. I will be accountable for my hair. I will no longer neglect it. Now with that done, let me tell you about what my poor hair has been through as well as my last wash day.
If I thought my hair was dry and out of whack when I had surgery on my ankle, then I haven’t seen nothing yet. My ends were snapping like twigs and my hair was shedding more than two dogs combined. I tried to keep up with moisturizing and sealing my hair, but it seemed like doing that just made my hair even more angry. Then one day I had an epiphany. I rolled over in bed and saw the stash of products that I am still trying to work through and get rid of. The one thing that stood out was my Roux Porosity Control Conditioner. I had forgot all about using something to close my cuticles and try to keep some moisture in my hair. So decided to break it out and give it a try and hope to get my hair back on track before my final relaxer of the year. So without further ado, here is my wash day recap.
- Clarify with Redken Cleansing Cream. What can I say about this clarifying shampoo except that I love it and can’t wait to get more because my bottle is getting low.
- Deep conditioned with Silk Elements Kera Minerals Smoothing Deep Conditioner under a plastic cap for 1 hour. I know. I know. I said no new stuff until the old stuff was gone but I had to renew my Sally’s Beauty Club membership and while I was there I decided to pick this deep conditioner up. After one use I do like it and want to use it a few more times before I form a strong opinion about it.
- Rinsed out deep conditioner and applied Roux Porosity Control Conditioner and left in for two minutes and then rinsed out.
- T-shirt dried for 20 minutes and then applied Crème of Nature Straight From Eden Leave-In Conditioning spray, Crème of Nature Argan Oil Smooth and Shine Polisher, and Crème of Nature Argan Oil Style and Shine Foaming Mousse and ponytail roller set my hair in four sections using two gray rollers on each section.
- After my hair was dry completely I moisturized with Elasta QP Mango Butter and Olive Oil moisturizer and sealed with my mix of JBCO and EVCO and wrapped my hair and covered with a satin scarf and went to bed.
Well that’s my wash day recap for you. I have to say that my hair feels pretty good for 14 weeks post relaxer. I want to relax at 16 weeks or before New Year’s. I know that I may have to say good bye to an inch or so of my hair but I’m okay with that because in the end it is all about healthy hair right? The Roux Porosity was right on time for my hair because it is retaining moisture better than it was previously. I’m going to give it more time to work its magic but there will be a review soon.
How was your last wash day? Let me know in the comments below or share with the Wash Day Experience.