1. Co-washed with Eden Bodyworks Coconut and Shea Cleansing Cowash. This was one of the items that broke my "don't buy anything" challenge that I imposed on myself. I'm glad I bought this cowash because it was ah-mazing. Even my disrespectful new growth had to bow down to this conditioner and my scalp felt clean without that stripped feeling in my hair. Definitely have to keep this in the rotation for a while.
2. Used Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor as my protein treatment. My hair has been snap, crackle, and pop lately and I realized that I haven't been using much if any protein in my hair. Also I plan on relaxing Saturday and I want my hair to have some strength to it before the relaxing process.
3. Deep Conditioned with Silk Elements Kera Minerals Smoothing Deep Conditioner under my Hair Therapy Wrap for an hour. I really like this deep conditioner. It leaves my hair and new growth soft and smooth with a ton of slip.
|My New Growth @ 19 weeks post relaxer|
4. Rinsed out deep conditioner and used Roux Porosity Control for a few minutes while I finished my shower. Roux has been getting me through my rough patch with my hair and I don't see myself getting rid of this item anytime soon.
5. T-shirt dried until my hair was about 80% dry and then applied my leave ins (Creme of Nature Straight from Eden Oil Infused Leave In Spray and Creme of Nature Argan Oil Treatment) and air dried using the scarf method.
|Me and My Air Dried Hair (Hangin' Out)|
6. After my hair completely dried I used Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer and sealed with EVCO and put my hair into a bun. I plan on bunning my hair until Saturday when I relax my hair. I was supposed to do this last week but my scalp was not feeling it and better to be safe and postpone a relaxer than go ahead and end up with more problems. I'm really excited because my mom is going to help me. It will be like when I was younger and she would relax my hair. After relaxing I plan on going to a salon and having my hair trimmed. I could do it myself but I rather have someone with experience do it.
As for my hair goals I don't have many. My main goal is to be consistent with my hair regimen. In 2015 I had so many setbacks with maintaining a hair regimen that I believe my hair suffered in return. Also I am not going to be doing anymore long term stretches. My hair just can't take it with the shedding and breakage. I am going to stick to relaxing at least every 12-14 weeks. After week 14 is when my hair starts cutting up and showing out so this should be better for my hair. Lastly I want to stick with staple products without much experimenting and buying things that won't agree with my hair. I won't say that I will never try anything new. I just won't do it quite as often.
Well that's it everybody. Happy New Year to all of you and stay tuned for more!!!